Hey friends. Its been way too long. I miss your faces. I was stuffing my own face tonight after work and I whipped up a delicious masterpiece that was too good NOT to share with you. I call it….. (drum roll) The Happy Hippie Vegan Quesadilla. I often get accused of being a hippie anyway due to my love of nature, animals, music, traveling, health, environmentalism and veganism. Enough about me… anyway that quesadilla tho! I whipped this up in less than 10 minutes with ingredients I already had in the kitchen.
Happy Hippie Vegan Quesadilla
You Will Need:
- Healthy corn tortillas (I used Food For Life Organic Sprouted Corn Tortillas)
- Vegan cheese (I used Chao Tomato Cayenne)
- Fresh smashed avocado
- Fresh sliced tomatoes and onions
- Hot sauce or salsa (I used the green Tobasco)
- Healthy cooking oil (I used organic, cold pressed, red palm oil)
- A flat cooking pan (I always use stainless steel, teflon sucks)
- A spatula or a fork to flip
- Heat some healthy oil in a pan over medium heat
- Place one corn tortilla down flat
- Top with a slice or two of vegan cheese
- Place another corn tortilla on top of it
- When it gets melty and yummy looking, flip it
- When both sides are nice and toasty, and the cheese is melted – plate that quesadilla up!
- Top with a dollop of fresh avocado and fresh sliced onions and tomatos
- Enjoy with the hot sauce and or salsa of your choice!
- Feel free to put your own spin on this quesadilla and add anything that strikes your fancy (suggestions: peppers and onions, beans, vegan sour cream)
I hope you like it. Gotta run to make a second quesadilla. I love you.